- Prop Shop
- Green Set
Ready to get all your holiday shopping done in one day AND shop it green AND still have some cash left over for YOU wonderful YOU? Then…
Lucky for New York City, the main supplier of lumber to the film industry is environmentally aware and has started carrying FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) lauan. So, instead of razing rain forrest for illegally sourced lumber without care to people or planet, we can build sets sustainably!
Part of the best thing about having slow weeks and zero customers for a week and a half is the staff gets restless and comes up with marketing schemes that involve them running around in costumes and snapping photos.
What’s even better is we also have all props for COSTUME PAIRINGS.
They found the best way to exhibit the Breaking Bad Costume, Bob Ross and a Matador.
Get Halloween done and done….and give me some candy.
Ye,s we have no bananas, but we have seriously awesome costumes for rent and sale. It’s not too early to start thinking about Halloween!
1. We offer FREE stuff like crazy all the time: office supplies, used once cardboard boxes, used once bubble wrap, hangers, carpeting and more. Call for quantities and come early in the week - recycling goes out Thursday night!
2. Art Cube was founded as a result of the most wasteful toothpaste commercial in history.
3. We compost all our food scraps at the shop (so send us your hero hot dog buns or ask us how using Vokashi.)
4, Our rental only items are going on line!! One thing of particular interest here is the stuff painted in chroma key green and we hoard chroma green and blue everything and open on weekends.
5. The founder of Art Cube and FBR used to be a commercial Art Department Coordinator and the Director of Operations used to be a set dresser. We feel your pain and understand the pressure!
6. We have a tiny garden of live plants we rescued – ask to see when you come in. (Some came to us almost dead in boxes!) :(
7. We process about 10 tons a month and we get in (60%+) gets sorted sent out to our partner charities. It’s incredibly labor and real estate intensive so that’s why we fundraise and ask all of you (and everybody else) to help grease the wheels.
8.If everyone one on Art Cube (all 1926 of them) contributed $5/month it would ease our philanthropic mission. We worry a lot about stupid, stupid money and we are ethical employers. (Wal Mart take note!!!)
9. We collect e-watste, metal and textiles for recycling.
10. Because of Film Biz Recycling, New York has been called “the easiest city to go green” by NBC Universal’s Sustainability Manager.
We offer student discounts of 25% (bring your ID)
Tight budget? You can get 10% off every time if you check in with a photo using #FilmBIzFilnds